Benchmark Land Services

Elevation Certificate

Elevation Certificates are used by insurance companies to provide a flood insurance policy to anyone whose property is within a flood hazard zone and requires flood insurance.

Anyone purchasing a new home that will be financed by a bank will likely require a flood elevation certificate if the subject parcel is within a flood hazard zone.

In addition, some properties will qualify to have their parcels removed from a flood hazard zone if their elevations fall within parameters necessary for FEMA to change their flood zone from hazard to non-hazard. Many lenders will NOT require flood insurance for a property with a LOMA.

In order to apply to FEMA for a LOMA (letter of map amendment) you must start with an elevation certificate. If the resulting elevations support a LOMA application, Benchmark can apply to FEMA on the customer’s behalf.

For more information on LOMA’s, email

Elevation Certificate

Customer Contact Information

Full Service Surveys

About Us

All Surveys

We offer full-service land surveys for all client types.

Check Status

To Check the STATUS of your job, please email:
Not Sure Which Survey You Need?
We can help! Give us a call!